TxBrowse - Edit

Re: TxBrowse - Edit

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:27 am

>
when exiting the last cell with the TAB key I receive:
MsgStop( "::bPastEof not defined","Fivewin: Class TXBrowse" )
I'm not willing to append data to the array. Could you please remove that message too ? (BTW, it's just something for the programmer, not the end user)
>

I should say that this change came as a bolt from blue. Existing code broke. All our sofrtware packages working for years started giving errors. How difficult it is to wade through hundreds of program modules and keep adding oBrw:lAutoAppend := .f. wherever fastedit was used?

I tried my best and finally I had to change my xbrowse copy and recompile.

Just sharing my experience consequent on the new feature.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Postby James Bott » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:41 pm

It seems that lAutoAppend should default to .f. to prevent breaking existing code. Antonio?

Regards,
James
James Bott

Postby Davide » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:53 pm

James,
James Bott wrote:It seems that lAutoAppend should default to .f. to prevent breaking existing code. Antonio?

I agree, even though looks like the class returns Nil after showing the message, so, perhaps just removing it would be sufficient. BTW, if I'm writing a new program and the browse doesn't append data, I probably already know I still have to write that codeblock, even without the message (and without lAutoAppend=.t.)
Hi,
Davide
Davide

Postby Davide » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Daniel,
Daniel Garcia-Gil wrote:do you test my change?

they works fine in FWH 9.03

Thank you !
Davide
Davide

Postby Loach » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:41 am

Hi!
I have a question about xbrowse edit:

- In autoedit, when user is starting to edit the cell (by pressing Enter or mouse clicking), all cells value is marking. Is it possible not mark the value, but set cursor position on first character of oGet. And also on clicking any key (when lFastEdit:=.t.) to replace only first simbol of oGet value?

- After editing the last cell in the row, I want to set focus on another control in my window. I try
oBrw:aCols[ 10 ]:bOnPostEdit := {|o, v, n| iif( n != VK_ESCAPE, (..., mget[25]:Setfocus() ),nil ) }
but it doesn't work :(

Sorry if I missed something, but I didn't find it in samples and in xbrowse source...
Best regards!
Sergey (Loach) Abelev
fwh 9.04/xHarbour 1.2.1 (Rev. 6406)/Bcc55
Loach

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour