Migration from Bcc to msvc

Re: Migration from Bcc to msvc

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:58 am

1>ct.lib(ctmath2.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __HUGE referenced in function _HB_FUN_LOG10
1>rtl.lib(math.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __HUGE

Try to link libcmt.lib from Microsoft
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby Antonio Linares » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:02 am

1>FiveHCM.lib(KEYBRD.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SendInput referenced in function _HB_FUN_SENDKEY
1>FiveHCM.lib(MEM.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _GlobalMemoryStatusEx referenced in function _HB_FUN_NEXTMEM

Please try to use this linker flag:

/subsystem:windows,5.01
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby TimStone » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Reinaldo,

I've been using MSVC for over two years. My application has over 100 .prg files.

I was relying on xHarbour ( .com ) but progress there really slowed down and they never updated their Pelles C compiler. So I moved to FWH / Harbour / MSVC. I build the same version with the older xHarbour, and with the newer MSVC. The source code files are the same in both cases.

I use UE Studio, and have a custom button to call the xHarbour build routine. I use the UE Studio Build button to create the MSVC version. Thus, I edit one source code set and it works both ways.

I am using Visual Studio 2013. I also can do builds using that IDE ... and it is again from the same source code files.

The program is working well. I use the ADS files from Harbour at this time, but they do not include ADS 7 or 8. I still have that issue to work around. Right now I'm on a massive code optimization project with these files, so that will come "next month". I also have found some differences between the UE Studio and VS 2013 IDE builds, but I'm sure it has to do with some flag or file that is being linked in, and I will ultimately find it.

The people who have tested the new builds like the "snap" performance they see.

As I clean up years of "added on code" in this application, I'm sure performance will continue to improve. The nice thing is I took a working app from xHarbour, converted it to Harbour / MSVC, made sure it worked, then have steadily optimized it, making sure it still works each time changes are saved.

I have not yet moved to VS 2015 because its still early in the preview cycle. I do expect to test it there before too long.

Since Microsoft made a full copy of VS 2013 available for FREE in their community site, I think we will see the same happen with the ultimate release of 2015. For most of us, we qualify for the full featured program at no charge.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
http://www.autoshopwriter.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 23.10 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022-24 32/64 bit
TimStone

Previous

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour