DBF editors

Re: DBF editors

Postby ertan » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:16 pm

Mr. Otto,

I totally agree to Karinha.

I'm newby user for fivewin. I'm 52 years old. I develop web projects with php and "datafiles.net" extension in last ten years.

Kind regards,
Ertan
ertan

Postby Otto » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:22 pm

Hello Ertan,

What is datafiles.net for PHP?
By the way, have you seen my test with PHP and low-level DBF file access?

Best regards,
Otto
mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Postby cnavarro » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:24 pm

Please, try with this version ( Borland 7 )
https://bitbucket.org/fivetech/fivewin- ... DbuBcc.zip

or use button Support ( "Send Message" ) in FEDbu.exe
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby cnavarro » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:27 pm

karinha wrote:
Otto wrote:As of January 14, 2020, Microsoft officially ended support for Windows 7. This means that the company no longer provides updates, security patches, or technical support for this operating system.
Using Windows 7 without these updates can leave your system vulnerable to security risks and viruses.

However, Microsoft does offer Extended Security Updates (ESU) for businesses and organizations that still need to use Windows 7.
These updates are available for purchase and provide security updates for critical and important vulnerabilities until January 2023.

For most users, it is recommended to upgrade to a newer version of Windows, such as Windows 10 or Windows 11, to ensure you receive the latest security updates and features.

Master Otto, don't be hurt, but I'm going to disagree with you. The fact that the program does not run on Windows 7 has nothing to do with a Windows security update. If that were the case, no system compiled with my LOVED FIVEWIN would no longer run on it, do you agree? I'm absolutely sure it's something else. If the same EDITOR had been COMPILED with BORLAND BCC, it would not run smoothly on WINDOWS 7. My 10 cents. Please don't be hurt, it's just my opinion, okay?

Maestro Otto, no se sienta herido, pero no estaré de acuerdo con usted. El hecho de que el programa no se ejecute en Windows 7 no tiene nada que ver con una actualización de seguridad de Windows. Si ese fuera el caso, ningún sistema compilado con mi AMADO FIVEWIN ya no se ejecutaría en él, ¿estás de acuerdo? Estoy absolutamente seguro de que es otra cosa. Si el mismo EDITOR hubiera sido COMPILADO con BORLAND BCC, funcionaría correctamente en WINDOWS 7. Mis 10 centavos. Por favor, no te lastimes, es sólo mi opinión, ¿Ok?

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.

Dear Joao, you have installed Visual Studio in your computer ?
Cristobal Navarro
Hay dos tipos de personas: las que te hacen perder el tiempo y las que te hacen perder la noción del tiempo
El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer lo que te gusta, sino en que te guste lo que haces
cnavarro

Postby Otto » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:33 pm

Joao, have you tried "run in compatibility mode"?

It works for me. Previously, I had the same error message as you.

Actually, with the comment about Windows 7, I just wanted to point out that we need to focus more on the future.

I agree with you that it's difficult to switch someone using a dBase editor to a new program. It would really need to have significant advantages.
I also think that the next generation of dBase editors will be web-based. I wouldn't have thought that such good response times could be achieved.

Best regards,
Otto
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby cnavarro » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:49 pm

Otto wrote:Joao, have you tried "run in compatibility mode"?

It works for me. Previously, I had the same error message as you.

Actually, with the comment about Windows 7, I just wanted to point out that we need to focus more on the future.

I agree with you that it's difficult to switch someone using a dBase editor to a new program. It would really need to have significant advantages.
I also think that the next generation of dBase editors will be web-based. I wouldn't have thought that such good response times could be achieved.

Best regards,
Otto

Dear Otto, I agree with you
I'm a fan of the web and hybrid applications for desktop applications.
I see your progress and concerns and I encourage you to continue down that path.
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby karinha » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:50 pm

Maestros, no es por nada, pero BORLAND BCC, ¡no hay igual! El ESTUDIO VISUAL de MICRO$OFT es CRAP(). jajajajaja. Llevo usando BORLAND desde 2007 y no tengo ni una sola queja.

Masters, it's not for nothing, but BORLAND BCC, there's no equal! MICRO$OFT's VISUAL STUDIO is CRAP(). hahahahaha. I've been using BORLAND since 2007 and I don't have a single complaint.

https://imgur.com/RNqDjvj

Master OTTO, don't be hurt, you know I'm your fan, don't you?

Maestro OTTO, no se lastime, sabe que soy su fan, ¿no?

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.
João Santos - São Paulo - Brasil - Phone: +55(11)95150-7341
karinha

Postby ertan » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:55 pm

Mr. Otto,

Sorry,
https://datatables.net

I follow all your works with interest.

Kind regards,
Ertan
ertan

Postby karinha » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:00 pm

Querido maestro Navarro, excelente EDITOR, sería interesante poder elegir el IDIOMA a trabajar con el comando FW_SETLANGUAGE(), ¿qué opinas?

Beloved maestro Navarro, excellent EDITOR, it would be interesting to be able to choose the LANGUAGE to work with with the FW_SETLANGUAGE() command, what do you think?

https://imgur.com/7J6QIV6

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.
karinha

Postby cnavarro » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:04 pm

I can't agree with you Joao, although I use Borland for my initial tests, tests and test versions, in production I use Visual Studio.
Why use another compiler than the one used in the operating system you use? In very large applications, the stability and security that Visual Studio has shown me has not been given to me by Borland, with which I have had some problems for some time now.
In fact, the version I have posted compiled with Borland does not have some elements that are included in the Visual Studio version.
I also recommend that you update your operating system. I don't want to think about what they would say to me if in some demonstration to some client they did not see that I am using the latest operating system on my systems (in this case Windows 11).
It's a question of image, right?

No puedo estar de acuerdo contigo Joao, si bien utilizo Borland para mis pruebas iniciales, tests y versiones de pruebas, en producción utilizo Visual Studio.
Por qué usar otro compilador que no sea en el que se usa en el propio sistema operativo que utilizas?. En aplicaciones muy grandes, la estabilidad y seguridad que me ha demostrado Visual Studio no me lo ha dado Borland con el que hace ya tiempo tuve algunos problemas.
De hecho, la versión que he puesto compilada con Borland, no lleva algunos elementos que se incluyen en la version de Visual Studio.
Tambien te recomiendo que actualices tu sistema operativo. No quiero llegar a pensar lo que me dirían si en alguna demostracion a algún cliente no vieran que estoy utilizando el último sistema operativo en mis sistemas ( en este caso Windows 11 )Es cuestión de imagen, no?
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby cnavarro » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:05 pm

karinha wrote:Querido maestro Navarro, excelente EDITOR, sería interesante poder elegir el IDIOMA a trabajar con el comando FW_SETLANGUAGE(), ¿qué opinas?

Beloved maestro Navarro, excellent EDITOR, it would be interesting to be able to choose the LANGUAGE to work with with the FW_SETLANGUAGE() command, what do you think?

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.

En el boton PREFERENCES, o en el menu con SETUP o PREFERENCES puedes elegir el idioma, aunque no soporta todos porque no me ha dado tiempo a realizar todas las traducciones.
Cristobal Navarro
cnavarro

Postby karinha » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:17 pm

My beloved master, I respect your opinion. I don't need to update my Windows, since only company customers need to use Windows 10/11, I have no difficulty producing systems on Windows 7, everything I compile from commercial applications runs well on higher Windows (10/11). As I provide services via HOME OFFICE, I do not need new windows. Honestly, I tested VISUAL STUDIO, and I didn't feel any need to use it, and I like it, to each their own. I didn't like him. My love and eternal thanks to BORLAND.

Mi amado maestro, respeto tu opinión. No necesito actualizar mi Windows, ya que sólo los clientes de la empresa necesitan usar Windows 10/11, no tengo dificultades para producir sistemas en Windows 7, todo lo que compilo desde aplicaciones comerciales funciona bien en Windows superior (10/11). Como brindo servicios a través de HOME OFFICE, no necesito ventanas nuevas. Sinceramente probé VISUAL STUDIO, y no sentí necesidad de usarlo, y me gusta, a cada uno lo suyo. No me gustaba. Mi cariño y agradecimiento eterno a BORLAND.

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.
karinha

Postby karinha » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:21 pm

En cuanto al idioma, es bastante débil. El portugués está "mezclado" con el inglés, pero todo. También se echa en falta TOOLTIPS explicativos y que la RESOLUCIÓN DEL VIDEO sea automática, o que se pueda cambiar en TIEMPO REAL a la RESOLUCIÓN que utilice cada usuario. ¿Puede ser? Será un trabajo largo, pero será maravilloso.

As for the language, it's pretty weak. Portuguese is "mixed" with English, but everything. There is also a lack of explanatory TOOLTIPS and that the VIDEO RESOLUTION is automatic, or that can be changed in REAL TIME to the RESOLUTION that each user uses. Could it be? It will be a long job, but it will be wonderful.

Gracias, tks.

Regards, saludos.
karinha

Postby Otto » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:35 pm

Hello Ertan,
This is a bit of a confusion with datatables and tabledata. I have used both. Initially datatables and later tabledata. But for some time now, I have been building my own table element.
I simply don't want to use components anymore. Which database do you use with PHP? We have been making all our programs for 30 years - not quite, for some years also SQL (Microsoft) - with DBF.

However, since hard disk access with SSD has become very fast and we now use RDP or web, our system is similar to a single-user solution.
We don't send any data over the network. Therefore, we don't need many things. Also, we deal with relatively small databases.

Currently, I am testing whether it makes more sense to outsource the memo fields into separate files. There are no longer any restrictions on how many files you can create per directory.
What kind of programs do you create with PHP?

Best regards,
Otto
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby ertan » Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:18 pm

Hello again Mr. Otto,

I prefer mysql and maria database with php.
I have two tangible server on the web.
My web applications focus on mid-level trading and production planning. ( inHouse ERP )

Why PHP?
It's 100% free and open source.
Access data from anywhere with all devices and all platforms

Why Fivewin?
2 out of 100 of my customers want to use their own local servers and access them with windows applications.

Can I take your personal e-mail?

Kind regards,
Ertan
ertan

PreviousNext

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour