Easy Report Preview in the Designer

Easy Report Preview in the Designer

Postby shri_fwh » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Dear Otto ,

Need your help I am getting one issue with ER Designer that is When clicking on the "Print Preview" button it previews for each Area on separate new page. There are 4 areas , earlier it was showing correctly but something wen wrong from my side. I am not able find out. Could you please help on this.

Thanks
Shridhar
Thanks
Shridhar
FWH 19.12, BCC 7 32 bit, MariaDB
shri_fwh

Re: Easy Report Preview in the Designer

Postby Otto » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Dear Shridhar,
can you please test with the old VRD version.

http://mybergland.com/FWForum/EROld.ZIP

Or mayby you selected wrong values here:

Best regards
Otto
mod harbour - Vamos a la conquista de la Web
modharbour.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/modharbour.club
Otto

Postby shri_fwh » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Dear Otto ,

Thanks a lot your quick reply.

In the Older version it showing all areas on one page but it is NOT good to see as compare the new version shows very neatly. I am not sure but When I had clicked ( mistake ) on "Items" button from BAR menu since then its showing each are on the separate page.

Thanks
Shridhar
Thanks
Shridhar
shri_fwh

Postby Otto » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:30 pm

Dear Shridhar,
I never ever use the preview.
My workflow is that I am always copying an existing report and then first I edit the vrd files directly.
Then I make the program and preview with real data.

But you are right this should work too.
But as we are only few users at the moment - although all FR users will come back when the next windows version blocks the lib - the designer developement is not very active.
I hope Cristobal is reading this and will look into the prevew issuse.

We have to post some results here that all see that EasyReport is working fine.

Try to delete the vrd.ini inside your folder where the designer is.

Best regards
Otto
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby shri_fwh » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Dear Otto ,

Extremely apologize it's my mistake I did not see the value PageBreak It was wrongly set PageBreak=20, after changing the PageBreak=270 it is working fine.

Many thanks to you bcoz of you I could almost complete my invoice printing.

Thanks
Shridhar
Thanks
Shridhar
shri_fwh

Postby Otto » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:42 pm

Dear Shridhar,
that is fine.
Would you please post some screenshots for the others.
It is so important that we get some more active EASYREPORT users.
Best regards
Otto
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby shri_fwh » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Dear Otto ,

Attached snapshot of the Designer the report is also executing/running however I have to work more to pass the values to report. Once it is done I would also attach PDF snapshot.

I believe It is quite complex Invoice format. It is possible only in EASYREPORT.

https://imageshack.com/i/pm9dYGoAj

Thanks
Shridhar
Thanks
Shridhar
shri_fwh

Postby Otto » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Dear Shridhar,
thank you for your screenshot. This is really a complex invoice.

I work with define to get user friendly names to pass data to EASYREPORT.
See also: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34911&p=207588&hilit=easyreport+define#p207588

For printareas
Code: Select all  Expand view
 #define ER_AR_Rechnungskopf_v01 1
    #define ER_AR_Invoice_v03           3
    #define ER_AR_Schatten_v05          5
    #define ER_AR_Linie_v04             4
    #define ER_AR_Linievertikal_v06 6
    #define ER_AR_Rahmen_v07            7

TPreview():lListViewHide := .T.

EASYREPORT oVRD NAME ".\xVrd2\invoice.vrd"  PREVIEW  lPreview TO cDruckerName;
                PRINTDIALOG IIF( lPreview, .F., .F. ) MODAL

PRINTAREA ER_AR_Rechnungskopf_v01 OF oVrd

PRINTAREA ER_AR_Schatten_v05 OF oVRD

For items I use an array. This is easier to maintain.

local aID_Strings := {}
   local aID    := {}
   local aStrings   := {}    

aID_Strings := {;
           { "RGBetrag",    101,  ALLTRIM(transform( nRechnungsBetrag , "999,999.99")) }, ;                                                            
           { "Teilzahlung",     102,  cTeilzhg }, ;                                                                                          
           { "Anzahlung",   103,  cAnZHG }, ;                                                                                          
           { "Total",       104,  ALLTRIM(transform( nRechnungsBetrag-nTeilZhgSumme-(nAnZhgSumme) ,"999,999.99")) }, ;
           { "Kurtaxe",     601,  cKurtaxe} }  

AEval( aID_Strings, { |a|  AADD( aID, a[2] ),  AADD( aStrings, a[3] ) } )

PRINTAREA 19 OF oVrd ;
        ITEMIDS  aID;
             ITEMVALUES aStrings
modharbour.org
Otto

Postby shri_fwh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:39 am

Dear Otto ,

Yes ...! Its same approach as I found in your examples.

#DEFINE ER_COMPANY_NAME        101                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
#DEFINE ER_COMPANY_ADD1        102                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_COMPANY_ADD2        103                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
#DEFINE ER_COMPANY_TEL         104                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
#DEFINE ER_COMPANY_EMAIL       105                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_COMPANY_GSTNO       106                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_COMPANY_PAN         107                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_COMPANY_STATE       108                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_PARTY_NAME          121                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_PARTY_ADD1          122                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_PARTY_ADD2          123                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_PARTY_TEL           124                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_PARTY_GSTNO         125                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_PARTY_PAN           126                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_PARTY_AREA_NAME     127                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_INV_NO              141                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_INV_DATE            142                                                                                        

#DEFINE ER_ITEM_HSN_CODE         301                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_MFG              302                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_PRODUCT_NAME     303                                                                
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_PACK             304                                                                
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_QTY              305                                                                
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_SCM              306                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_BATCHNO          307                                                                
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_EXP              308                                                                
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_MRP              309                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_RATE             310                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_DISC             311                                                                
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_TAXABLE_AMT      312                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_SGSTAMT          314                                                                
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_SGSTPERCENT      313                                                                
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_CGSTPERCENT      315                                                                
#DEFINE ER_ITEM_CGSTAMT          316                                                                

#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_ACCT_DUE_BAL              401      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_ITEM_AMT_TOTAL            402      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_SGST_TOTAL                403      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_CGST_TOTAL                404      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_AMT_IN_WORDS              405      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_ITEM_TOTAL                406      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_NET AMT.                  407      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_FOR_COMPANY               409      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_SCM_TOTAL                 410      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_DISC_TOTAL                412      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_GST_TOTAL                 413      
#DEFINE ER_INVSUM_OTH_DISC                  414