Proposal for them to do a virtual FW course

Proposal for them to do a virtual FW course

Postby leandro » Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:24 pm

Google Translation

Hello good morning everyone,

What a shame to bother with this topic, and I don't know if many of us need it, but I would like FW to do a virtual course or training, perhaps not start from scratch, since in this forum there are very advanced users, but for example to clarify many doubts we have, also clarify basic things that at least we do not know how to do, such as creating a BAT to compile, if it had not been for at the time VERCE (and our good friend William Morales) and at this moment FIVEDIT, it would never have been capable of generating even an executable.

Another of the topics that I would most like to learn and understand is the topic of classes, since we are really depending too much on the teachers of this forum, to be able to make the adjustments and customizations that we want, a clear example that I have is that of me Part of me would like to be able to make some adjustments to EasyReport, which we have been asking for for years, and I am not complaining, I just would like to be able to contribute something to this community.

Another clear example is being able to migrate our application to 64 bits, we have no idea where to start, there is too much information in this forum, but it is really frustrating to try to do the migration without even being able to generate a simple test executable.

I am not asking for this to be free, simply that a price, an agenda and a possible start date be established.

I think we need this urgently, since I don't see new users arriving in the community, if I'm not wrong, the last newbie was me, and I had to learn, aim with desire and thanks to this wonderful forum, at the beginning by email electronic (thanks Armando Estrada); I mention it because, if some of the teachers are absent, and I'm not saying this for anything bad, they simply wake up one day without wanting to do anything, wanting to retire hehehehehe (as can also happen to us) and we will be left blocked with future updates to our applications.

This is one of the main reasons why we have not wanted to delve into the topic of web development using tools like MOD_HARBOR and others, since we could not even install Apache and the web server, imagine in case we need something more advanced on that topic, which is why we prefer to use more popular tools that simply write a question and have thousands of answers on Google.

I would like this course to be taken and to be able to raise my level of fw, to see if we can continue with this programming language that my uncle fell in love with and I am encouraged to use it, the idea is that in our company it is used as the main tool and future collaborators in our company can be trained.

Another course topic that should be essential is WEBVIEW and artificial intelligence.

First of all, Thanks.
Saludos
LEANDRO AREVALO
Bogotá (Colombia)
https://hymlyma.com
https://hymplus.com/
leandroalfonso111@gmail.com
leandroalfonso111@hotmail.com

[ Embarcadero C++ 7.60 for Win32 ] [ FiveWin 23.07 ] [ xHarbour 1.3.0 Intl. (SimpLex) (Build 20230914) ]
leandro

Re: Proposal for them to do a virtual FW course

Postby Antonio Linares » Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:37 pm

On our part, total availability to hold a web seminar and cover all those topics :-)

The only thing missing is to set specific dates and times, and the attendees

Whenever you're ready!
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: Proposal for them to do a virtual FW course

Postby Lailton » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:36 pm

It is an excellent idea.

Some suggestion too is to the users say what they would like to be included to the fivewin ( some new controls, features etc ).
Regards,
Lailton Fernando Mariano
Lailton

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour