While compiling and linking, I got the linking error :

Unresolved external symbol '_HB_FUN_CLSACTIVE'

What is the problem ?

Thanks.

Regards.
Regards,

Michel D.
Genk (Belgium)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I use : FiveWin for (x)Harbour v. 24.07 - Harbour 3.2.0 (February 2024) - xHarbour Builder (January 2020) - Bcc773
driessen

Postby Antonio Linares » Thu May 29, 2008 7:56 pm

Michel,

If you are using xHB commercial, then you need a new beta from Patrick
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Postby driessen » Thu May 29, 2008 7:59 pm

Antonio,

I don't understand why such problems occur ?

I can't use a beta version of Xhb since I need to send my application to my customers.

So, back to 8.04 is the only solution.

Regards.
Regards,

Michel D.
Genk (Belgium)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I use : FiveWin for (x)Harbour v. 24.07 - Harbour 3.2.0 (February 2024) - xHarbour Builder (January 2020) - Bcc773
driessen

Postby James Bott » Thu May 29, 2008 8:42 pm

Michel,

>I don't understand why such problems occur.

Well, think about it. FWH is moving ahead and you are working with an older version of Xhb. If you wish to continue using that version of Xhb, then you cannot necessarily use newer versions of FWH.

The only way these problems would never occur is if FWH was never updated until a new official release of Xhb was released.

James
James Bott

Postby driessen » Thu May 29, 2008 10:29 pm

James,

Thanks for your answer.

But I still don't understand it.

A few years back, when we were all programming in FW for Clipper, we didn't need a new version of Clipper when a new FW-version arrived.

Since xHabour is the replacement of the Clipper compiler, what's the difference ?

(This is not ment as some critisism. I am just wandering why some things do happen).

Thanks.

Regards.
Regards,

Michel D.
Genk (Belgium)
driessen

Postby James Bott » Fri May 30, 2008 1:38 am

Michel,

>A few years back, when we were all programming in FW for Clipper, we didn't need a new version of Clipper when a new FW-version arrived.

>Since xHabour is the replacement of the Clipper compiler, what's the difference ?

We didn't need a new version of Clipper because there wasn't one to be had. Now we have choices.

When we were working with the Clipper compiler we were stuck with the features that Clipper already had. Clipper was updated very infrequently and there was only one Clipper compiler. [However, you may remember that there WERE some incompatibilities with FW and Clipper 5.2 and 5.3.]

Now, there are multiple compilers (Harbour, xHarbour, Xhb) and they are constantly being improved. Wisely, FWH takes advantage of those new compiler features in newer versions of FWH. This allows us (as a group) to move ahead much faster than we ever could with Clipper.

Also note that Harbour is much more than a replacement for Clipper. It also handles the Win API, and adds tons of new features that Clipper doesn't have.

Keep in mind that FW has to be compatible with multiple compilers on multiple platforms (Windows, Linex, Mac, Pocket PC). This is an incredibly complex task and I am absolutely amazed that things run as smoothly as they do.

So, you have two choices, either stay with the older version of FWH that is compatible with your version of Xhb, or use the newer Xhb with the newer FWH. If you don't want to risk any new problems, then stick with the older versions of each.

Now we have choices--before we didn't.

Regards,
James
James Bott

Postby nageswaragunupudi » Fri May 30, 2008 1:57 am

I think if fwh 8.05 library is rebuilt by compiling fwh source with xhb older version, 8.05 should work with the older xhb.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Postby driessen » Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 am

James,

Thanks a lot for your explanation. It is clear to me now.

But you may be sure that I do appreciate all the work to FWH, HB or XHB too.

Regards.
Regards,

Michel D.
Genk (Belgium)
driessen

Postby xProgrammer » Fri May 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi all

Remember too that Clipper / Harbour / xHarbour aren't fully compiled - rather they produce an intermediate p-code. So we also have issues whenever there is a change to the structure of this code.

Regards
Doug
(xProgrammer)
xProgrammer

Return to FiveWin for Harbour/xHarbour